Thursday, September 22, 2011

DE-FENDI-NG AQUA


I love the whole style brief about this S/S 11 Fendi campaign - the setting, the model, the makeup, shoes, accessories, glasses - but most of all the polish colour they used.

At first glance, I thought, Why would such a prolific fashion house go with the Chanel pale blue?

Upon closer inspection, I realised the colour was neither green, like the hysteria-inducing Chanel 'Jade' or blue, like the 2011 Chanel Cruise collection 'Riveria', but a beautiful aqua tone somewhere inbetween the two.

I had always shied away from the Jade maelstrom and despite loving how other people wore the pale blues, felt like I was a tiny bit old to pull it off convincingly.

Enter the pale aqua.




In a lovely timely fashion, I realised I had picked up this exact colour at the beginning of this Queensland winter - some sort of fresh, little cheersquad reminding me of what spring and summer holds in this part of the world.

The time has come!

Fendi campaign image via US Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment